Hello, world! I've been out of it for several weeks. First I got sick for about a week, then I was recovering from being sick, and then I decided that further rest was in order. But now I'm back! I'm still feeling tired and less energetic, and I blame that on the cold weather and lack of sunlight. I'm ready for spring and warmer temperatures. At some point I'm going to write a serious blog but today I just feel like thinking about things I like, so, without further ado, here's a list of some of my favorite things.
1) The sweatpants I'm wearing right now. My mom and I went shopping yesterday and she bought me some fabulous clothes for my birthday but I'm 100% sure that this pair of sweatpants is the best thing I've ever put on in my entire life. Cozy, non-staticky, front AND back pockets, loose but form-fitting. If I could wear these pants 24/7 I would. Also, they look more stylish than the usual sweatpants.
2) Cups of hot tea. I have about thirty kinds of tea in my pantry, some in bags, some loose leaf. Some black, green, and white; flavored and unflavored; caffeinated and decaf--it's all good.
3) Holly Black. She's not a Thing, but she makes the list because I just finished her newest novel, The Darkest Part of the Forest, and it reaffirmed how much I love her books. I started reading her novels when I was a senior in high school and I've continued to love everything she's published. As I stare out the window at the woods across the street I can just imagine that somewhere, nestled in a clearing, is a glass coffin where a beautiful fairy prince lies in eternal sleep, waiting for someone to break his spell...
4) Cats. Whenever I have a stressful day coming home to my two cats, Courbet and Alan, is an instant uplift. They're always so happy to see me and there's something amazingly therapeutic about holding a soft, purring cat. Every time I see strange cats outside I want to take them home. Yes, I am a little cat crazy.
5) Posters. I have TONS of posters. As a 26 year old I feel that I should have outgrown my love of posters and developed a more sophisticated decorating style but...not so much. Instead I have posters of pretty much everything I like: anime, Loki, famous artworks, maps, David Tennant, more anime...
6) Neftlix and Hulu. For the obvious reasons: I love watching TV series, movies, and anime.
7) Tomato soup. This is a staple in my life. Instant comfort food, no matter what time of year. Come home from work and I don't feel like making anything...where is that can of tomato soup? I should really find a poster of that Andy Warhol work, Campbell's Soup Cans.
This is not a complete list, by any means, this is just the top seven things that popped in my head while I was typing. My brain's in a bit of a whimsical state right now. If I didn't have to go to work tomorrow (and if I had enough money) I would head out for the mountains and go hiking and exploring. However, since that's not an option I'm going to bury myself in stories and dream.
Until next time...